Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Banana Bread

This is one of my families favorites and having a toddler means having lots of bananas on hand. This is my own recipe so I hope you like it!
Banana Bread


2 Cups flour (When I feel a little healthy I substitute 1 cup of flour with whole wheat flour. )
1 ½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
5 over ripe bananas (mash 4, Chop 1)
1 cup sugar
1 ½ sticks (3/4 cup) unsalted butter, melted
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cups pecans or walnuts, optional (my family doesn't like nuts so we don't add them)
Preheat 350 degrees.                
Combine flour, baking soda, and salt. In another bowl mash 4 bananas. Add sugar and mix for 3 minutes with an electric mixer until creamy. Add melted butter, eggs, and vanilla; making sure to scrape the sides of the bowl.  Mix in dry ingredients until incorporated. Fold in the bananas and optional nuts. Divide the batter into 2 loaf pans. Give the pans a rap on the counter to release air bubbles. Bake for 50 minutes to  1 hour until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy.

Click here for the printable recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment