Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Lemon Bars

I had a few lemons that I needed to use up so I decided to make lemon bars to take over to my neighbors for dinner. I had no idea that they were my neighbors favorite so I had a tough critic, lucky for me he loved them and wanted the recipe! The original recipe was a little funky and the ingredients didn't add up so I tweaked it to work for me and it turned out super easy and delicious!

Crust:
1 cup flour
½ cup powdered sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt (you won't have measuring spoon so just eye half of a ¼ teaspoon)
1 stick cold butter, cut into little pieces
Filling:
1 cup regular sugar
2 eggs
2 tablespoons flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
¼ vanilla extract
2 teaspoons lemon zest (about 2 lemons)
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (about 2 ½ lemons)
Powdered sugar for dusting
Preheat 350 degrees
To make the crust: Grease an 8x8 pan with cooking spray. In a bowl whisk flour, powdered sugar, and salt together. Add butter and with your hand mix until crumbly. Press crust mixture into the bottom of the 8x8 pan (If the crust starts to stick to your hand put it into the freezer for 5 about minutes and then press it into place). Bake for 18 minutes until golden brown. Set crust aside.
To make the filling: In a bowl whisk together sugar, flour, and salt. Add eggs until combine. Add lemon zest and lemon juice until mixed well. Pour the lemon filling over the hot crust. Bake for 18 minutes or until the filling has set.  
Cool completely before dusting with powdered sugar. So GOOD!
For the printable recipe click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment